Sunday, July 22, 2012

Just One More Day

This is how much I missed you.

Nights I tossed in bed, spending wasted moments counting for your return.
So much for trying to get to sleep, the only way to ease the pain was to wait til you safely return home. At least then, I'd sleep a little better.

A month plus of absence, I kept visualizing you only at the back of my mind. Suddenly for awhile, you slowly begun to fade from my dreams, and that's what caused me nightmares. I became afraid. I only get a glimpse of you in my sleep, and none at all by day.

The day I stepped into the door of your car, suddenly seeing that face after so long. I couldn't imagine anything better than this. Finally seeing those features I once missed of you that cannot be seen through eyes of the cameras. That perfect angle of your face. The eyes of yours that turned chocolate brown, and reflected black once in awhile. You were like a celebrity I've been running for so long, and finally I came face to face with you again. Suddenly, everything I once knew, came back to memory.

Holding your hand so tightly, afraid of the time I'd had left with you. Afraid, cause the thing I always had less with you since the very beginning had always been time. Always too short, always robbed. Afraid of time passing by without you. Afraid you may be someone different from the last time I saw you. Afraid that the less I spend with you, the less I'll understand about you. The last thing I'd ever want is to not speak your language anymore. If there's one thing I always wanted, is to know and be there when you need me. But distance and time sometimes doesn't permit me to. I want so much to be there while you reach the stars. At least I'd know that I managed to be there while you did. At least I'd know when you needed me, I could be there.

I wished you'd said more, I didn't mean to want that. But how often could I hear your voice? It was the only thing that brought my day up. It was the words you uttered I wanted to hear. Cause it's by words, your voice, that won my heart over since a long time ago. When you spoke somehow, you always managed to coo me over. I would listen, and it'd somehow make my day. Just listening to your voice.

Feeling the features on your face, that flawless face of yours. Running through, the tips of my palm faced your jawbone, those features I remember vividly. I remember the way I'd lean against your chest. The way your fingers gently stroke and run through my hair; pushing the strands of hair off my face. I;d touch your face and I'll remember the way your face looked. That gentle, loving face. Tenderness within, your eyes half shut and me wishing, that I'd get to see that more. I'd count the number of heartbeats as I go to sleep. They're like that sense of security that once put me to good night's sleep. Without them, it's been a month since I could sleep. Just one night, I finally felt warmth. Felt the structure of your shoulder bones, your arms which cuddle me to sleep. Felt your head above mine, tucked perfectly to fit like you were made all too perfect.

I shouldn't allow my fear to eat. Cause now I realize, we may be in similar situation, but we have always been different in our own way. You have always been different. Different in the way that no one else can understand. Different so much so that there's probably no way I'd ever forget you. One of a kind, like what they say; a male species almost facing extinction. That's probably what makes me treasure every second with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment